To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Manages reported safety events, performs analysis of data and sharing of knowledge gained. Serves as the primary liaison for Bridgeport Hospital for communication of event reporting and data analysis. Analyzes data, prepares reports, facilitate groups and provide consultative services related to all areas of event data management and medical peer review.
1. Monitor the Event Report System
2. Primary resource and liaison for the department to ensure the event reporting applications function as intended.
3. Facilitates system user education and training content. Responsible oversight of risk educational content.
4. Responsible for the triage of hospital reported events. Supports compliance with mandated reporting requirements.
5. Support Risk Manager and Operations in the monitoring, tracking and resolution of reported events.
6. Responsible for follow-up of open events status to ensure action and/or closure in a timely manner.
7. Responsible for the notification and completion of event follow-up requirements with the Risk Manager and responsible department leaders.
8. Responsible for development and dissemination of organizational aggregate event reporting to administration and management.
9. Responsible for development, creation and maintenance of standardized and adhoc reporting to all levels of management.
10. Compiles database and analyzes data for the identification of possible trends.
11. Monitor and track corrective actions resulting from experienced events.
12. Primary resource and liaison to other YNHHS facilities.
13. Disseminate proactive risk management data to identifying further review needs or actions for improvement and participates in hospital-wide continuous quality improvement process.
14. Provides consultation and leadership to members of the clinical staff for the implementation of programs intended to improve practice and the quality of care and the resolution of identified issues.
15. Acts a leader and change agent promoting high reliability principles for safety event management.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree; Bachelor's degree in health-related field preferred. Registered Nurse preferred.
3-5 years experience in the healthcare industry required. Clinical experience preferred.
Ability to prioritize, work independently and exhibit excellent problem-solving skills. Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor under pressure, and develop positive and productive rapport with business and clinical leaders. Organizational skills. Anticipate, improvise, and adapt for optimal resolutions. Consistently manage workloads effectively, use resources efficiently, and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Ensure that all follow up responsibilities are completed timely and with minimal supervision. Communication skills. Ability to write clearly and succinctly. Can communicate effectively with senior executives to express thoughts and ideas clearly. Presents articulately when speaking with an individual or before a group assuring that others fully comprehend the intended message. Judgment. Exercise judgment and tact in all dealings with employees, patients and families. Exercise judgment in analyzing processes and raising matters as appropriate to supervising attorney. Interact comfortably with senior executives. Leadership. Inspire and empower team to commit to a change or challenge; has passion for the work, healthcare and people. Process Oriented. Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, understands business needs and trends and can see opportunities for synergy and integration. Thinks of several possible explanations or alternatives for a situation and anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them. Computer skills. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe. Ability to learn LRSD document management systems.