| Care Site Description|
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Certified (NP, PA-C) provides quality, primary healthcare services in collaboration with Physicians in accordance with Montana State Law and St. Vincent Healthcare standards. These services may be provided in various outpatient clinic, long term care, hospital and home settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and information, and formulates plans of care.
- Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of practice, training and credentialing.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
- Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with regulatory requirements and national standards.
- Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve performance.
- Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in system redesign.
- Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
- Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration between community resources.
Program Management (Site Specific)
- Assists with the development of new and revised services, programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
- Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
- Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as directed.
Staff Supervision (Site Specific)
- Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately, effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations. Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of assigned staff.
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements Requirements are
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the MT State Board of Nursing and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing or American Academy of Family Nurse Practitioners; Prescriptive Authority by the Montana State Board of Nursing and DEA License
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant-Certified by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners; Prescriptive Authority by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners and DEA License
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site specific).
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position