| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring healthâ??and hopeâ??to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is responsible for supporting end-usersâ?? IST needs.
- Provide accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer hardware, peripherals, printers, operating systems, software applications, networking, and video conferencing problems.
- Maintain all personal computers, desktop systems, printers, phones (VOIP/analog), voicemail and unified messaging.
- Data Center Operations, including performing backups and assisting operations staff when on-site support is needed.
- Assist customers in the testing, analysis, and problem-solving of system functions and applications.
- Primary responsibility will be to provide direct customer support to resolve customer problems / questions as quickly as possible while providing the highest level of service. If it is not possible to resolve the problem, this position will coordinate problem-solving with appropriate IST teams.
- Secondary responsibility will be working on projects. In this capacity, provide desktop/telephony support to project teams, contribute to the development of work plans, tasks, and time estimates.
- Work within a project team environment to ensure that a quality product is produced, on time and within budget.
- Strong communication skills required to relay task status, task issues and resolution.
- On-call responsibility as required to support computing environment.
- Associates degree or Degree or technical certificate in technology or a computer related field. Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree.
- More than 1 year and less than 3 in Healthcare, technology or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in microcomputer software including: Windows and Microsoft office products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ability to work rotating and prolonged shifts up to 12 hours.
- Strong research, organizational and analytical skills and the ability to teach users.
- Ability to solve complex multi disciplinary problems in a graceful and sensitive manner.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced service oriented environment.