|Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities |
• Able to self-imitate problem solving
• Be self-motivated on projects and duties
• Past regulatory experience creating Safety Data Sheets
• Working knowledge of 29 CFR (OSHA Hazard Communication standards)
• Past experience creating NAFTA Certificates of Origin
• Formal training in DOT, IATA and IMDG regulations
• Familiarity with GHS requirements
• Familiarity with SDS generation database (e.g., WERCS)
• Able to provide regulatory guidance to internal and external customers quickly and concisely
• Able to concurrently multi-task in a time sensitive environment
Education and Experience • Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in applicable field
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in creating Safety Data Sheets, with an emphasis on US regulations.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in determining Hazardous Materials shipping classifications
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Normal office environment, but also requires working in a chemical factory environment
• Must be able to effectively wear PPE when required
• Able to travel by car and plane and visit a global base of customers and facilities
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Michelman does not employ individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans