The Section of Hospital Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking Board Eligible Internists to join our faculty as academic hospitalists. Hospitalist faculty are members of the Division of General Internal Medicine, which performs the bulk of resident and student teaching for the Department of Medicine.
- Providing patient care in several settings, including attending on traditional resident-led ward teams, attending on the resident-led medical consultation service, and leading a hospitalist team including an intern;
- Teaching in our Internal Medicine Residency program which has been granted status as an ACGME Educational Innovations Program; and
- Teaching medical students on clinical rotations.
Academic opportunities include:
- Direct teaching of medical students in all four years of our new clinical curriculum;
- Collaboration with researchers in our Center for Clinical Effectiveness and Center for Health Informatics; and
- Participation in Hospital quality improvement activities.
Opportunities also exist for training in Improvement Sciences and traineeships with mentored research experiences in Outcomes and Clinical Effectiveness leading to a Master’s degree in Clinical and Translational Research.
Our hospitalists are leaders in improving both patient care and clinical processes at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and have a passion for teaching and improving patient care.
Salaries are competitive, with opportunities for increases based on productivity.
If you are interested in joining the University of Cincinnati in Hospital Medicine, applicants should contact: Mark Eckman, Director, Division of General Internal Medicine at Mark.Eckman@uc.edu; or Justin Held, Interim Director, Hospital Medicine via email at Justin.Held@uc.edu.
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.