Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field; plus two years of experience related to transportation planning.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Extensive knowledge of transit operations for Fairfax County's Fairfax Connector bus service. Knowledge of and relevant experience with:
- Management of public transportation (bus transit) service delivery and related elements
- Contract administration
- Preparation of detailed specifications and/ or task orders for procurement of services and/or equipment
- Fixed route transit operations and service delivery
- TRAPEZE FX scheduling and ITS applications
- Security experience within a transportation context
- Experience with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Emergency Preparedness
- Strong, verbal, written, and computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft office applications.
Work is generally sedentary. However, employee may be required to do some walking, standing, bending and carrying of items under 25 pounds in weight. Employee is subject to being on duty during inclement weather and emergencies. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.