Department: Quality Management
Location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Requisition Number: hrq-73002
1. Provide ongoing the education on the regulatory requirements and policies for the Cambridge Health Alliance.
2. Work with Quality Management and Risk Management/Patient Safety Departments on quality, patient safety, and regulatory initiatives.
3. Technical support for regulatory, accreditation and contractual (payer) compliance, including coordination of Joint Commission Survey readiness (application, tracer methodology, pre and post survey follow up).
4. Reporting of various regulated and organization metrics.
5. Compile high level Joint Commission readiness reports on a monthly basis for the purpose of senior level reporting. 6. Reviews Policy and Procedures to assure regulatory compliance.
7. Responsible for coordination of accreditation committee, including assignment of Joint Commission readiness for each team.
8. Staff various standing committees and complete tasks which may include policy development, staff compliance with regulatory compliance, to assure support, discussion, documentation, and general awareness of current, emerging and other regulatory trends and changes
9. Providing education to responsible clinical/ non clinical and administrative staff regarding the requirements of the applicable regulations and standards.
At least 3-5 years experience with accreditation and licensing survey preparation and implementation in a healthcare setting, as guided by the Joint Commission, CMS, DPH, DMH, and payer requirements. Clinical background and knowledge of the requirements of the various accreditation, regulatory, third party payers, and licensing agencies, e.g. Joint Commission, DPH, CMS, is required. Individual embodies strong project management and organizational skills with groups as well as individuals.• Knowledge of regulatory, licensing and accreditation requirements • Knowledge of organizational learning methods • Knowledge of performance improvement techniques • Proven interpersonal skills • Proven written and oral communication skills • Computer use skills to include: word processing, reports, statistics, graphs using various tools, e.g. Excel, Access, etc.