At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The point-of-care (POC) testing industry is changing faster than ever. At Abbott Point of Care, we’ve stayed ahead of the curve. We are a worldwide leader in fundamentally changing healthcare delivery at the point of care with solutions that are intuitive, innovative, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers.
Abbott Point of Care has a new opening for Principal Embedded Engineer. This individual will be a member of the development team working on new products as well as supporting existing on market products. He/she will apply their advanced scientific and engineering knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to complete complex assignments.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Independently, or lead a project team to, identify, plan and conduct medium to large-size projects that require custom, risk-managed execution plans, investigations and/or equipment; manage multiple often concurrent projects;
2. Understand the business needs of the company and have a thorough understanding of customer and clinical needs as they relate to projects;
3. Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams to support organizational goals;
4. Design and lead complex experiments, often with multiple variables; independently execute and/or direct others in the execution of project tasks by applying novel engineering theories, concepts and techniques;
5. Conceptualize complete solutions; create or coordinate the design solutions for novel or complex problems; explore multiple alternatives;
6. Serve as subject matter expert (SME) or independent technical expert (ITE) on a project's technical matters; may interface with senior management, external firms or agencies; may coordinate technical matters between organizations;
7. Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business standards;
8. Other tasks and duties as assigned;
9. Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
10. Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.