VCU Health System's Performance Improvement department is seeking a full time Quality Manager. This role is ambulatory focused, and the incumbent will provide leadership, facilitation, coordination and education for performance improvement activities in assigned groups within the VCU Health System.
Manages Quality, Safety Service/PI plans, program development and execution, Quality and Performance Improvement Committees, quality dashboards/scorecards and the reports to the Board.
Identifies performance improvement opportunities, works with leaders to prioritize the opportunities, initiates teams/projects, and directs teams in monitoring data to evaluate success of interventions.
Uses the science of improvement, including statistical tools and methods.
- Current license in the Commonwealth of Virginia (e.g. Registered Nurse, Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Dietitian, or similar) if candidate holds a professional license.
- Master’s Degree in healthcare field (e.g. MSHA, MPH, MSN, MHA), Quality Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the healthcare environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in quality improvement/quality management, with specific experience that includes: applying the science of improvement/performance improvement methods/tools; and managing people, teams, and or/projects.
- Supplemental course work in quality improvement, such as quality methodologies/tools, data analysis, patient safety, Lean, Six Sigma, quality engineering, and/or project management.
- Coursework in statistics.
- Fellowship in Healthcare Quality or Patient Safety.
- Experience with organization-wide performance improvement in a large academic medical center with a wide variety of specialty services.
- Experience managing and directing quality program(s).
- Experience managing quality projects in hospital and ambulatory clinic settings.
- Experience managing participation in national quality measure, value based reimbursement or pay for performance programs.
- Experience building coalitions and consensus, experience negotiating with physicians and administrators.
- Experience collecting or analyzing clinical data/quality metrics (e.g., core measures, e-clinical quality measures, pay for performance metrics, ambulatory efficiency metrics, etc.).
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.