The North Sound Behavioral Health Organization (North Sound BHO) is pleased to announce an opportunity to join our team as a Quality Manager.
Changes in healthcare reform afford new and dynamic opportunities in the North Sound–especially in the field of behavioral health. If you are interested in playing a critical role in assuring quality behavioral healthcare in the North Sound community and believe you have the background and skills necessary, we invite you to apply! We are located in Skagit County, one of the most beautiful regions of Washington State with easy access to Bellingham and Seattle.
ABOUT NORTH SOUND BHO
Our Mission: Empowering individual and families to improve their health and well-being.
North Sound BHO (formerly named NSMHA) currently operates as a Regional Support Network (RSN) for publicly funded behavioral health services in a five county region in northwestern Washington. The five counties include: Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom. North Sound BHO is responsible for the Medicaid funding for behavioral health, and our goal is to ensure eligible individuals and families receive appropriate, person centered and timely services. Please visit our website www.nsmha.org for more information.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a current North Sound BHO Quality Management Plan and oversees its implementation and compliance.
- Coordinates with the North Sound BHO provider network to assure implementation of provider Quality Management Plans (required by statute and regulation), quality improvement initiatives, and quality strategies.
- Assures North Sound BHO’s compliance with Federal and State regulations and State contract requirements for Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Applicable contracts, standards, laws, rules and regulations such as HIPAA, WAC, RCW, CFR.
- Utilization Management/Utilization Review, Quality Assurance/Improvement and Continuous Quality Improvement approaches.
- Data collection, statistical analysis and preparation of reports.
- Clinical practice
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in health-related field, social work, behavioral science or related field AND four (4) years professional experience in a behavioral health care setting, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with populations that have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders preferred.
License and Certification:
- Current Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or Licensed Marital Family Counselor (LMFC) preferred.
- Current Washington State Chemical Dependency Treatment Professional License is preferred.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and auto insurance on personal vehicle available for work-related travel.
Starting salary is $72,737 DOE, plus a generous benefits package in excess of $35,000. Position will remain open until a qualified applicant is selected. North Sound BHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit www.nsmha.org/jobs for full job description and application. Send cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com. Please note that applications will not be accepted without a completed North Sound BHO application form.