Kadlec Regional Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Diabetes Educator RN to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Per Diem\.
About our Diabetes Education Department: Recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting national standards of education, our team of highly experienced RN and RD Certified Diabetes Educators provide comprehensive self\-management education for all ages and types of diabetes\.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required\.
- Relevant experience, education, hours \(as defined by the NCBDE\) to obtain CDE within 2 years from date of hire into the position required\.
- Current Washington State RN licensure required\.
- CDE required within 2 years from date of hire into the position\.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required\.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited educational institution preferred\.
- 1000 hours diabetic teaching experience within the past five years preferred\.
- Bi\-lingual or multi\-lingual skills preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Certified Diabetes Educator\-RN you will assess and evaluates clients' needs; provides individual and group instruction in diabetes self\-management based on assessed needs and clients' abilities; counsels clients in self\-care; documents results and, performs related duties as assigned\. Provides general nutrition counseling; and provides clinical nutrition support to external entities, as applicable\.
- Coordinates and participates in individualized and group instruction in diabetes self\-management to clients and families based on assessed needs\.
- Provides client education through educational needs assessment, plan formulation to include physician and client goal setting and teaching self\-management skills\.
- Assures that appropriate documentation of client services is maintained and a summary of services is sent to each client's health care provider\.
- Participates in the development and revisions of the Center's instructional materials, curriculum, protocols, policies and procedures, and client/physician mailings\.
- Seeks opportunities to continuously improve client services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
To provide quality health care for every patient\. Our Vision: To be the comprehensive regional integrated health delivery system\. Our Values: Respect, Integrity, and Cooperation\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 145257