Brookwood Baptist Health, a subsidiary of Tenet Health System in Birmingham, Alabama, is seeking applicants for a core internal medicine faculty position.
This position is open to board-certified internal medicine educators as well as others who practice in non-procedural subspecialties of internal medicine. Applicants with experience at an academic community or university-based teaching facility are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact Stan Breaux, Executive Director for Medical Education directly at 205-599-4823 or email your indication of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve as core faculty for the Internal Medicine residency program
- Supervise residents on the inpatient general medicine service (30%)
- Serve as attending physician in the resident continuity clinics (20%)
- Develop and present resident conferences (20%)
- Opportunity to have a limited faculty practice (20%)
- Participate in program-related committees, patient safety initiatives, resident mentoring and advising, and scholarly research (10%)
About the Program:
- The internal medicine residency program is a long-term, continuously-accredited program which was founded in the early 1970’s.
- Currently program complement of 34 residents with recent ACGME approval to expand to 40 residents.
- Close integration with four other institutionally-based ACGME programs in General Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology, Pathology, TY.
- Strong and stable institutional and program support.
- Two major participating hospitals which provide complementary experiences in the Greater Birmingham Metropolitan area
- For additional information, please visit our website at http://residency.bhsala.com/
About Brookwood Baptist Health:
- Formerly Brookwood Medical Center and Baptist Health System, Brookwood Baptist Health unifies two of the largest resources for high-quality, affordable healthcare for the citizens of Central Alabama.
- Brookwood Baptist Health encompasses five hospitals, one freestanding emergency department, 77 outpatient offices and more than 1,300 doctors.
- Together, we represent Alabama’s largest and most experienced network of primary and specialty care physicians dedicated to the health of Central Alabama residents.
Additional Benefits/ Opportunities Include:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits – health, dental, 401-k retirement plan with match, etc.
- Relocation assistance
- Inpatient and outpatient setting
- Leadership opportunities