Burris Company Inc, a Greeley, CO based manufacturer and distributor of premium sporting, law enforcement, and miliary optics under the Burris and Steiner brand names, is looking for a Quality Engineering Supervisor who is passionate about quality and its role in the manufacturing and procurement process. This person will be responsible for supervising a small team of inspectors with responsibilities ranging from machined parts, procured parts, sub-assembly, and fully completed products. This person will also be responsible for creating a set of quality metrics that can be monitored and analyzed to support products and process improvements. This person will use their talent and creativity to blend the desires of our strategic business goals. This is a high-impact, high-visibility opportunity for the right individual with strong technical skills, good project management abilities and an enthusiasm for success.
Must have knowledge and demonstrated leadership delivering value in the following areas: Quality Engineering, Lean Six Sigma Quality, data acquisition and presentation for decision management, supplier qualifications and management, improvement teams, tools, and methodologies, Engineering, designs, prints, troubleshooting, process and work instructions, precision measurement, gauge control and capability, and general ability to lead and improve a department.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company's product lines.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection.
- Designs or works with Engineering to develop test and inspection fixtures to improve productivity and inspector comfort.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective correction actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Interacts with leadership team to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
Salary: $90k - $105k DOE
Bachelor's degree, Engineering degree preferred. Minimum 5 years Quality, Engineering. Minimum 2 years supervisory experience. Six Sigma Training preferred.
Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to make product quality judgement based on guidance from Product Development, Engineering, and Management. Competent using Microsoft Office applications including MS Project, Power Point, Word, and Excel.
Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
Burris Optics, based in Greeley, Colorado, has been an optics innovation leader for over 50 years. The company produced its first optics in 1972 and was the originator of the ballistic plex design employed by every hunting optics manufacturer since. Every optic produced by Burris is designed, engineered, and tested in our Greeley, CO facility.