TenCate Performance Composites is seeking an Applications Engineer for their Camarillo, CA facility.
Summary: Work with the sales force and the customer to develop applications using composite materials. The position will work on the application from the design concept to implementation in production. The job duties include design, analysis, testing, and materials development, tooling development and production and process development. The applications engineer will directly interface with customers and customer’s factories once gaining full understanding of the companies composite materials & it’s processes.
This job will regularly result in exposure to undesirable or disagreeable working conditions. Frequent periods of work pressure for periods of sustained duration. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
Job Description and Essential Functions:
· Develop composite materials including knowledge of plastics and advanced reinforcements.
· Design and analysis engineering using composites.
· Testing of composites and preparation of test reports & analysis
· Tooling engineering.
· Process and procedure development for job activities.
· Project management.
· Customer technical support and training.
·Travel to visit customers and articulate company’s technical strength and solutions.
·Complete design input requirement check list that supports customers requirement for the product.
· Review SRO requests and actively support implementation
· Other duties as required.
· 20% - North America, Asia, Europe.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
· Good written and oral communications skills are required.
· Business language.
· Some Mandarin is a plus
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public;
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
· Project management experience, concept to production;
· Materials background in composites/reinforced plastics/plastics;
·Excellent interpersonal skills
·Ability to work well with other departments / teams
· Good business skills;
· Process engineering experience in composites/thermoforming/tooling.
· Proficient in MS Office, Word, Advanced Excel
· Solidworks and AutoCAD (or equivalent)
About TenCate Performance Composites
TenCate Advanced Composites began producing advanced composite materials in 1972, growing through a series of investments, acquisitions, and continuous ingenuity into the global company it is today. TenCate employs more than 750 employees worldwide, with manufacturing locations in North America, Europe, and Asia. TenCate’s facilities are certified to the highest level of quality standards, including AS9100, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001.
Dedicated to innovation and industry leadership, TenCate specializes in multiple composite and carbon fiber materials and processes for the world's aerospace, space/satellite, high-performance automotive racing, high-end industrial, and athletic footwear markets.
Within aerospace, TenCate is a leading supplier to the aerostructures industry, providing composite materials for commercial aircraft, helicopters, general aviation aircraft, military jets, and UAVs. Additionally, our composites can be found on almost every satellite in the Western world as we are the leading composite supplier to the satellite/space and private launch industry.
Most notably, we are a global supplier of thermoset prepregs for out-of-autoclave (OOA)/vacuum-bag-only (VBO)... applications. Our TenCate Cetex® brand is a leader in thermoplastic prepregs for the aerostructures market while our TenCate AmberTool® line of low temperature curing, high temperature performance composite tooling prepregs set the industry standard. TenCate also provides compatible film adhesives, syntactics, and resins.
TenCate’s CCS Group provides the industry with exceptionally durable and light weight compression molded parts and is a leading provider of honeycomb core.