Materials - Research and Development, Materials Engineering
4 Year Degree
Pennoni is currently looking for a Laboratory Manager with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Supervise others performing construction materials laboratory testing.
- Perform construction materials testing in the laboratory per ASTM, AASHTO, PTM and AWWA standards.
- Meet deadlines.
- Manage workload and staffing to help ensure efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that the laboratory is a clean, organized and well maintained work space.
- Ensure that samples are handled, tested and reported in accordance with the standards and specifications.
- Construction materials testing includes Portland cement concrete; Portland cement; masonry products, including block, pavers and cast stone; high performance concrete; freeze/thaw; basic and complex soils testing; aggregate, and mix designs.
- Enforce laboratory quality procedures and methods.
- Assist with laboratory accreditation efforts, including quality document, audits and proficiency samples.
- Assist with staffing and personnel responsibilities. Invoicing and collecting of receivables
- Manage 1-3 direct reports
- Required education: BS in Engineering or Material Science.
- Minimum years of work experience: 3-5.
- Minimum years of management experience (if any): 0-3.
- Licenses required: Not required, but a PE or the ability to obtain a PE license is a plus.
- Computer skills required: Must be proficient with Windows based software. Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Will need to be able to work with and become proficient in the basic industry soils software and laboratory information management systems (databases).
Internal Number: 042
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multi discipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.