The purpose of this position is to contribute to the design, development and manufacturing of world class rail products and services vital to our customer’s needs through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. Work involves independent judgement, decision making, and creativity. Provide support for SD70ACe-T4 and F125 field problem resolution and reliability improvements. Management is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.
Key Job Elements
· Develop and present reliability analyses to program management
· Application of statistics to problem solving
· Work with Product design engineers to develop and implement reliability based verification
· Assist product design engineers with root cause analysis of verification and validation activity failures
· Analyze field failures to establish trends determine root cause of failure and corrective action
· Assist in development of test data collection and analysis system and integrate into the CLCA process
· Access reliability growth test data and perform reliability prediction for mature product
· Develop reliability mathematical models
· Adaptability and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
· Propose modifications or alternatives of the system architecture in case of non-compliances. Identify and communicate the weak points of the technical solution.
Qualifications & Experience
Strong statistical training and demonstrated application
Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
Experience with Weibull analyses
Knowledge of test and validation planning & execution
Knowledge and expertise in standard Microsoft applications
High degree organizational and communication skills
High level of analytical ability with complex problems
Track/Analyze field and test data for contractual compliance, producing reliability reports and updates to RAMS database.
Derive, validate and document failure rates, modes and effects at product level.
4 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 2892
About Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is a total solutions provider for global railroad customers. Our rolling stock products include new, used and remanufactured locomotives, transit units and freight cars, with parts, component reconditioning, repair and leasing services. Our infrastructure products include track, maintenance of way equipment and signal structures, with rail welding and sales and signal engineering and detection services.
We are a premier employer within the rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With operations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, South Africa and the United Kingdom, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to our customers and our people.