Southwest Engineers is seeking a Project Manager/P.E. with experience in land development.
Our firm is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time with many opportunities. For 40 years we have maintained an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. We are partners and friends in and out of the office, often sharing lunches, hiking and exercising together, seeing the latest movies, and celebrating milestones and birthdays in true Texan style. In addition to our relaxed company culture the low stress commute to our Buda office makes work life that much easier.
The right person for the job is capable of performing independent design tasks under limited supervision; reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables.
The Project Manager will prepare complex studies, reports, plans, specifications, quantities and cost estimates for projects (this includes understanding the scope of work and estimated man-hours) and will be expected to take ownership of projects from start to finish. Document preparation in compliance with regulatory agencies, communication with clients regarding project issues, and accurate maintenance of files and contracts is required.
A successful Project Manager will exercise sound decision making, take initiative and exhibit judgment and knowledge showing responsibility of project.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
• Performs assignments in the design of commercial, single family, multi-family and mixed use developments – including roadway, domestic water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer drainage system design.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project/scope, also client interactions.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Tracks and reports project hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Understands basic revenue models, cost-to-completion projections, pricing models, and billing procedures. Makes decisions accordingly.
• Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Two to five (2-5) years of Project Manager experience in design and construction oversight of land development projects.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T Accredited School
• Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
• Working knowledge of AUTOCAD, Civil-3D, HEC-HMS or PondPack, HEC-RAS, etc.
• Private land development experience required.
• Ability to lead creation of designs and drawings supporting our client's overall project goals.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
Salary, benefits, and all company information will be discussed upon a scheduled interview.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
About Southwest Engineers Inc
Southwest Engineers is a 40-year-old full-service civil engineering and consulting firm committed to excellence in land development projects, water/wastewater infrastructure, street and drainage design and all associated permitting, for over 700 clients across the state of Texas. Our firm is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time with many opportunities. Since 1978, we have maintained an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. We are partners and friends in and out of the office, often sharing lunches and celebrating milestones and birthdays with true Texas style. If you are interested in joining a talented group of people, please send us your resume.