Our words won't do justice for the opportunities they describe. Adjectives aren't miracle workers. But believe us when we tell you we offer a lifestyle and work environment that we consider truly unique among all those making similar claims. Trust us, we truly do have a long-standing commitment to maintaining a state-of-the-art medical community that has helped us attract talented health professionals and employees from all over the world. Know that others have recognized this commitment and its impact on patient care through numerous quality awards. And understand that when one wraps the surroundings of our beautiful community and its take-it-easy lifestyle around this type of professional environment, the result is the stuff of career dreams and personal life aspirations. We invite you to experience it for yourself. Until then, you'll have to take our words for it.
Responsible for the risk management function and collaboration with clinical service lines in carrying out performance improvement projects/initiatives for Mercy Medical Center. Oversees and provides support, expertise and guidance in: 1) the application of accepted clinical quality improvement methodologies/tools; 2) data collection and statistical/operational analysis; 3) outcomes measurement; 4) risk assessment; 5) best practices research; 6) documenting and implementing process improvements; and 6) evaluating desired vs. actual clinical effectiveness of performance improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years' leadership experience; OR a minimum of 5 years' leadership experience in the discipline; OR a Master's Degree and no experience.
- Current RN licensure by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Experience in risk assessment/management, outcomes measurement, data analysis/reporting and management of clinical work teams in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures utilized in effective claims/grievance/issues resolution.
- Knowledge in the content and intent of regulatory requirements and compliance standards relating to healthcare facilities, operations and services.
- Knowledge of clinical processes, standards of care, patient/disease management.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques and tools relating to quality/performance improvement, including statistical analysis concepts/modeling.
- Certification as CPHRM (Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management) and/or CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) strongly preferred.
- Experience communicating with legal counsel and negotiations strongly preferred.
Internal Number: 2018-R0189000
About CHI Mercy Health
CHI Mercy Health is a vibrant complex of quality health care services that include a Trauma III, 174-bed hospital, an outpatient surgery center, AIM therapeutic rehabilitation services, a sleep lab, and home health and hospice. With over 1,000 employees, Mercy has been honored as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care across America and has scored A's by the Leap Frog Association for patient safety five years in a row. Our cardiac rehab unit is the only ACE accredited program in the state!
Voted the area's #1 employer, Mercy offers outstanding pay, a rich benefit package, high levels of employee engagement and a family like environment.
CHI Mercy Health is located in Roseburg, OR, a land of outdoor adventure and unrivaled beauty. Nestled in the heart of the Umpqua Valley, it is surrounded by majestic mountains and pristine rivers. Equally distant to sleepy coastal villages, winter resorts and metropolitan entertainment, Roseburg is home to a historic downtown, boasts a budding microbrewery industry, produces internationally acclaimed wines, and showcases multiple artistic and musical events throughout the year.
Douglas County, earning the distinction as Oregon's most beautiful county, is noted for its world class fishing, hiking and mountain biking trails.
As an added bonus, CHI Mercy Health meets the requirements for our employees to qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.