The Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is one of the leading childhood cancer and blood disorders programs in the country. Combining the latest proven technology and research with a caring, child-friendly approach, makes the Aflac Cancer Center a top choice for the treatment of common and complex cancer and blood disorder conditions.
We are seeking a full-time genetic counselor to expand and grow our Cancer Predisposition Program. We treat children under the age of 18 who are at risk for developing cancer due to a cancer predisposition syndrome, a family history of cancer or a diagnosis of a rare type of cancer.
• Clinical: Provide genetic counseling to patients and families in the Cancer Predisposition Clinic with Medical Director
• Clinical: Provide genetic counseling to oncology, hematology, and bone marrow transplant (BMT) patients and families with primary attending oncologist/hematologist
• Non face-to- face clinical care: Pre-visit collection of medical records, family history, test coordination and follow-up, insurance review, patient phone calls, processing outside referrals, etc
• Guideline Development and Implementation: Assist senior genetic counselor in developing and putting in place institutional guidelines for referral to genetic counseling.This includes providing continuing provider education of guidelines as they evolve
• Precision Medicine Program: Actively participate in bi-weekly Molecular Tumor Board (Identify appropriate patients/families for genetic counseling after screening all research participants with senior genetic counselor
• Attend team-specific conferences(I.e. Solid Tumor Team meeting) to identify patients that need genetic counseling. Assist with program development ( through marketing, research initiatives, etc)
Master's degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited ABGC training program. Board eligible as a Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling. Board Certification required within 3 years of hire date in order to maintain employment in this position.
Internal Number: 081189
About Emory University
Emory University, a top-ranked private institution recognized internationally for its outstanding liberal arts colleges, graduate and professional schools, and one of the world's leading healthcare systems, is located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta, Georgia's historic Druid Hills neighborhood.
BACK TO TOP
ASQ Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASQ Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASQ Career Center.