Chemical - Process Engineering, Chemical - Research and Development, Chemical - University / Academic, Chemical Engineering
4 Year Degree
GMP QC Analytical Chemist
Cayman Chemical Company is a biomedical research company based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Cayman helps make
research possible by supplying scientists worldwide with biochemical tools used to understand cancer,
neurochemistry, oxidative injury, endocrinology, atherosclerosis, and other human health challenges. We specialize
in assay kits for the measurement of hormones and bio-markers. In addition, Cayman offers a broad range of
specialty biochemicals used as research reagents and qualified standards. Cayman performs generic drug
development and production in both Ann Arbor, Michigan and Neratovice, Czech Republic.
We are currently seeking a GMP QC Analytical Chemist with the key duties and skills listed below:
• Conducts routine sampling and GMP analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and final API.
• Conducts testing for validation, stability or other projects as assigned.
• Responsible for entry of necessary data into database system, in a timely fashion.
• Immediately reports all data aberrations to management and participates in supervised investigations.
• Performs laboratory housekeeping to include glassware cleaning.
• Keeps complete, legible, current, and accurate records of all weights, measures, techniques, and procedures
followed or performed in a laboratory notebook, instrument logbook, or test plan procedures.
• Reports status of work to supervisor regularly.
• Provides secondary reviews of data and calculations for other analysts.
• Maintains compliance with all company policies, plans and procedures, including but not limited to safety, security
Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field.
• 5 + years related experience; e.g. HPLC, GC basic knowledge.
• A fundamental understanding and familiarity with modern analytical instrumentation such as Karl-Fisher, FT-IR,
Polarimetry. balance use, pH meters, etc.
• Working knowledge in many analytical areas including wet chemistry,
• Ability to interpret and analyze HPLC and GC data using supplied software.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, prioritize tasks, and work independently.
• Attention to detail, good organizational skills and ability to do general lab calculations are a must.
About Cayman Chemical
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Cayman Chemical Company supplies scientists worldwide with the resources necessary for advancing human and animal health. We manufacture high quality biochemicals, assay kits, antibodies, and recombinant proteins and offer contract services for custom chemical synthesis/analysis, assay development/screening, and drug discovery.
Our mission is to help make research possible. That starts by employing a talented and highly qualified group of experts to develop the tools to support research scientists across academic, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical institutions. Our scientists are experts in the synthesis, purification, and characterization of a wide-range of biochemicals. We are highly skilled in all aspects of assay and antibody development and are fully accomplished at protein expression, crystallization, and structure determination.