Responsible for the oversight and management of a high volume clinical lab. with oversee staff and inventory used for clinical trial sample management. Appointed through the Office of Research, the Scientific Core Research Facility Manager is responsible for ensuring the scientific core research facility activities are carried out throughout the Medical Center in conjunction with the Office of Research. This position supervises staff; plans, organizes, and coordinate the scientific core research facility work flow; interacts closely with research faculty and staff throughout the Medical Center to provide training, consultation, and other services as offered by the scientific core research facility.
Direct the daily operations of a scientific core research facility. Daily activities include, but are not limited to, overseeing core services, staffing/personnel management and performance, staff training (technical, safety, core facility policy, and compliance training).
Establish and execute business plans for the scientific core research facility.
Develop scientific core research facilities policies and procedures.
Set goals and plans to achieve results.
Plan for future growth opportunities as appropriate.
Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and discipline staff as appropriate.
Interacts with the Office of Research to determine equipment needs of the scientific research core facility.
Consult with the Office of Research annually to assess equipment needs.
Provides recommendations to the Office of Research on equipment purchases.
Manages the scientific core research facility equipment.
Optimizes the utilization of the scientific core facility equipment.
Supervise and monitor instrument calibration and maintenance.
Troubleshoot instrument problems.
Responsible for inventory and capital equipment.
Provide services, support, and training to research faculty, staff, graduate student, and postdoctoral fellows.
Provide training to researchers (faculty and staff) on instrument operation.
Provide assistance on experimental design as appropriate.
Provide assistance with data analysis and interpretation of data.
Assist researchers in day to day problem solving in research efforts.
Ensures the scientific core research facility is compliant with regulatory agencies and Vanderbilt policies and procedures.
Maintains and generates report, records, and statistics and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
Maintain all required quality control documents and have documents available for audit at all times.
Ensures financial goals are attained for scientific core research facility performance based on projections and defined goals.
Participate in annual budget planning.
Monitor budget expenditure of funds for scientific core research facility to stay within approved budget levels.
Make recommendations to director/principal investigator regarding staff, supply and equipment needs for scientific core research facility services.
Accurately compile information for monthly billing.
Invoices clients for services utilizing CORES.
Interact with the Office of Research to set and manage the scientific core price levels utilizing the CORES invoicing system.
Provides the appropriate documentation to support prices for services.
Ensures scientific core research services are billed on a monthly basis utilizing the CORES invoicing system.
Develop and maintain websites, flyers, bulleting, newsletters to communicate information core users.
Communicates price levels as appropriate to other core users.
Consult with core users to determine their satisfaction with services provided by the scientific core research facility.
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 6 years experience
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
* Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 49 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1913349
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.