Third - year college students: Students who have completed their third year in a four - year program by May 2020
Area of Study: Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering (Mechanical and Electrical will be accepted)
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) is seeking currently enrolled college students who are completing their
junior year and are interested in exploring a career in the field of Transportation. The NJDOT plans, designs, builds, and maintains
New Jerseyâ€™s transportation infrastructure with the goal of improving the roadway travel experiences of the motoring public. These
temporary summer hourly positions are available in multiple career disciplines. Hours of work will be determined by the hiring unit,
but will not exceed 40 hours per week. It should be noted, that the positions do not offer a benefits package.
Positions are available in the following Divisions/Units. Once we receive your application and review it, our office will email
you a Preference Form. You must review the Preference Form and identify which specific units you are interested in
being considered for. It is imperative that you apply early in order to submit this form back to us before the closing date.
DIVISIONS WITHIN PLANNING, MULTIMODAL & GRANTS ADMINISTRATION:
• Statewide Planning & Statewide Strategies
• Local Aid & Economic Development
DIVISIONS WITHIN CAPITAL PROGRAM MANAGEMENT:
• Capital Program Support
• Project Management
• Construction Services & Materials
• Right of Way & Access Management
• Bridge Engineering & Infrastructure Management
• Highway & Traffic Design
• Landscape Services & Environmental Solutions
DIVISIONS WITHIN TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS SYSTEMS & SUPPORT:
• Support Services
• Emergency Management, Security & Response
• Regional Operations
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED SKILLS
• A third - year student pursing a degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering. Students pursuing degrees in Mechanical
or Electrical fields may apply and will be considered, but preference will be given to students pursuing Civil degrees.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Access and Power Point)
• Must possess a Driver's License valid in New Jersey
Work Authorization: Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland
Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. NJDOT does not provide sponsorship or accept
student OPT/CPT programs, F1 or H1B work authorization visas.
You must apply through the NJDOT website at: https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/about/employ/openings.shtm
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
• NJ State Application for Employment (Application and instructions can be found at the link above)
• Letter of interest
• Current resume
• Copy of unofficial transcript OR foreign degree evaluation (attach to the application)
• Letter of recommendation from a previous employer or college professor (attach to the application)
Additional Salary Information: May 30 through August 30.
Internal Number: 20-00001
About New Jersey Department of Transportation
The primary mission of the New Jersey Department of Transportation is to provide a safe, reliable and efficient multi-modal transportation network which serves the mobility needs of residents, commerce and visitors in a manner that promotes economic development and insures environmental responsibility.NJDOT will provide a world class transportation system that: Enhances the quality of life for residents and traveling public Achieves consistent progress through focuses investments in keeping infrastructure in a State of Good Repair Simulates and sustains smart development and economic growth Employs the latest technologies to adapt to changing conditions and environments Respects and protects the distinctive and delicate character of the State’s natural resources Eagerly embraces its role as a customer service organization
BACK TO TOP
ASQ Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASQ has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASQ Career Center.