Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in the fields of public health or education is strongly preferred. Publications, memberships to professional networks and experience presenting at professional meetings or conferences will be a strong advantage.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of eight years of related executive level experience with demonstrated leadership through programs and influence. Mastery of public health and school systems with strong local, state and national relationships within public education are required. Passion for the Work The successful candidate must possess a passion for supporting and advocating for children’s nutrition and fitness to build a better future.
COMPETENCIES OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
To reach the vision of HealthMPowers, achieve the goals of the current strategic plan, and to fulfill its mission, the successful candidate should have the competencies listed below.
Technical Competencies The successful candidate will possess
• Expertise in education, public health issues and initiatives related to children’s health and well-being.
• Experience working with school systems and academic institutions through program development and/or implementation.
• Understanding of the grant lifecycle, process and reporting with experience in management of major grants.
• Involvement with professional associations related to public health or education and experience publishing and/or publicly presenting on various platforms.
• Experience using data to evaluate programs and demonstrate impact. Strategic Leadership The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of
• Working with partners, board and staff to develop a strategic plan and supporting budget that was, or is currently, being successfully implemented with proven ability managing priorities.
• Developing and conveying a vision internally and externally to energize and inspire staff, partners, funders, influencers, community groups and others whose involvement is needed for success.
• Monitoring progress against the strategic plan and measuring outcomes, making recommendations to capitalize on successes, making course corrections, and mitigating unforeseen issues.
• Analyzing trends, research, and a variety of data sets to understand emerging issues related to children’s health, education, or nonprofit initiatives and using that data to inform strategy and decision-making.
• Identifying the strategies and activities with the greatest impact on outcomes then allocating resources accordingly while balancing internal and external stakeholder needs.
Relationship Building & Communications
Candidates will have a proven track record of
• Identifying and cultivating relationships among donors and partners through personal engagement and effective communication to achieve the vision of an organization.
• Promoting collaboration at all levels – with staff, board, partners, officials, and other contributors to success.
• Communicating persuasively and frequently engaging board members, organizations, elected officials, potential and existing partners, donors, and others about the needs of a cause.
• Positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the public or a particular population.
• Working with and in cross-functional, cross-unit teams, demonstrating solid interpersonal skills and maintaining an approachable, genuine demeanor.
• Speaking with evident passion about a topic of importance, combining statistics with stories in a mix appropriate to the audience.
• Interfacing with governing boards showing strong knowledge of corporate and/or nonprofit governance. Fund Development The successful candidate must have a verifiable history of
• Securing and managing large grants from government entities, foundations, and corporate partners.
• Developing, documenting and implementing a diverse, sufficient, and sustainable funding strategy in order to meet resource needs.
• Diversifying the funding of an organization by expanding the breadth and depth of collaborations and partnerships to reduce dependence on any one funding source.
• Developing, documenting and implementing a marketing and public relations strategy in order to cultivate organizational and individual donors.
• Attracting significant resources by leveraging relationships, building trust and credibility, and fostering support to advance the mission.
Candidates will have proven success with
• Demonstrating leadership, financial savvy and business acumen by setting and meeting goals for long-term financial health, with evidence of good judgement in making timely and sound decisions.
• Providing direction for long-term organizational health including operations, fiscal management, administration, human resources, and compliance.
• Establishing measures of success for annual and strategic goals and analyzing results to ensure the organization achieves expected goals, objectives and outcomes.
• Overseeing financial planning and controls, operating and capital budgets, and effectively managing contract negotiations and significant agreements with agencies, community partners or vendors.
• Applying proven business practices and implementation of industry best practices, business policies, and internal controls to minimize risk, safeguard assets, and improve operational efficiencies.
• Actively participating with a board of directors in discussions and planning activities, introducing trends and opportunities for consideration, providing relevant transparent updates, and engaging members as appropriate regarding critical issues and opportunities.
Candidates will have proven success with
• Cultivating an inclusive, positive environment, supporting and encouraging the staff to be their best and implementing a culture of teamwork, accountability, and quality.
• Attracting, developing, motivating and retaining the highest level of continuously? improving staff, ensuring fair and consistent human resource practices.
• Establishing short and long?term strategy for developing talent by providing opportunities for team-building and professional development.
• Delegating and evaluating the performance of a diverse team.
• Ensuring communication and information flow throughout the organization is efficiently managed to provide leaders and staff with current, pertinent, job-related information.
• Empowering staff while maintaining a culture of team and individual accountability.
Internal Number: 11111
HealthMPowers is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that promotes healthy habits to build a better future for all children. By bringing nutrition education and physical activity into everyday life and learning – in schools, childcare centers and out of school time sites – we create a culture that supports healthy life choices for children, families and communities.
In every school, center or community where we work, we strive to transform awareness, behaviors and environments through our highly interactive, supportive and incremental approach to change.
Our core program model spans a multiyear partner-relationship that’s built on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s evidence-based guidelines for assessing and expanding health and wellness. Over the past 20 years, it’s proven highly effective helping create a future where all children are nourished and active:
improved health knowledge
increased access to fresh fruits and vegetables
higher physical activity levels
improved school or community environment and climate
For 20 years, HealthMPowers has been helping kids – and the communities who care for them – make the changes that lead to better health, for life.