Healthcare Staffing Professionals has an immediate needs for Epidemiologist to provide services for a Los Angeles County-run Program. The Programs Objective is to investigate and oversee cases/outbreaks related to COVI D-19 in settings that include, but are not limited to, Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), shelters and encampments for people experiencing homelessness (PEH), congregate living settings, worksites, schools, daycares, and places of worship.
The positions will start immediately upon acceptance and employment clearance and are initially funded through July 30, 2021.
$7,732 per month (Salary, Working a minimum of 40 hours a week)
12 holiday days 12 sick days (accrued) 10 vacation days (accrued)
Employer Fully Funded Healthcare (Anthem Blue Cross), Dental and Vision, Life Insurance from Initial Start Date.
Employee will be working a minimum of 8 hours a day between the hours of 7 AM to 7 PM.
• Windows-based laptop or desktop device, with a speaker and mic;
• Reliable Wi-fi/internet access;
• Experience working with modeling techniques to predict trends or assess the impact of public health efforts in chronic and infectious disease prevention and control, such as, but not limited to, discrete event modeling, agent-based modeling, and related data simulations;
• Experience working with Epidemiologic research methodology (e.g., epidemiologic measures, study design, stratified analysis techniques, etc.);
• Experience working with advanced statistics (e.g., Poisson, generalized linear, logistic, logic, negative binomial, hierarchical, and Bayesian regression);
• Experience working with Statistical Analysis Software programming language (e.g., merging, concatenating and transposing large datasets, and using macros, arrays, and SQL).
• Experience working with large Public Datasets (e.g. US Census, NHANES, and NHIS);
• Experience working with the Institutional Review Boards (IRB),
• Experience preparing peer-reviewed manuscripts, health briefs, or health impact assessments;
• Experience in leading public health program evaluations and investigations, such as outbreaks, clusters, and contact investigations, and conducting outreach initiatives among high risk populations;
• Ability to maintain a professional, positive attitude and work ethic;
• Ability to Interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress; and
• Excellent critical thinking and judgement skills.
a) Support two or more Outbreak Investigators (Public Health
Nurse or Public Health Investigator} with data and epidemiology needs related to investigation of a site outbreak;
b) Contact outbreak sites to conduct line list follow-up of cases and contacts, including daily monitoring;
c) Generate data reports related to the outbreak, including, but not limited to, epidemiological curve charts and dashboards:
d) Comply with DPH training regarding confidential information related to personal health information;
e) Collect data and enter data into various software application systems; and
f) Other duties as assigned.
• A Master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in epidemiology or its equivalent -and- three years of experience assisting in the design, conduct, and evaluation of epidemiologic studies and field investigations -OR- A Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in epidemiology or its equivalent; and
• A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Internal Number: epidemiologist
About Healthcare Staffing Professionals
HSP, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is a leader in Long Term Temporary Staffing Solutions and Permanent Hire Recruiting and currently services Private, Public and Government Organizations. HSP, Inc. was built from the ground up and prides itself on its integrity, talent, work ethic, teamwork and its ability to give back to the communities that it serves through its community outreach and sponsorship programs.
Recruiting For Any Industry
Not a healthcare organization? No problem. Our expert team of recruiters extends beyond health care into other industries. Whatever the job placement and no matter the marketplace, our deep discovery and systematic recruiting and vetting process allows us to quickly deliver the people you need for positions. Our team is always “working harder for you” so you choose from the best of the best to fill the job.
For 10+ years, we have acquired top-shelf talent for hospitals, large medical groups and governmental care facilities. Demonstrating a high level of integrity in both sales and customer service has earned us the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, an accreditation that proves we comply with the most rigorous standards of performance in healthcare.