The director provides epidemiology project leadership and strategic input to benefit-risk assessment of biopharmaceutical products; provides guidance in epidemiology study design, including analysis of claims and electronic medical record data sets; and interpretation of observational studies; and maintains an understanding of US and international safety health authority initiatives and regulations impacting the function of safety science.
- Provides leadership for specific products for a team of professionals of grades 18-20 who deal with various aspects of epidemiology and data related to epidemiology.
- Contributes to the strategy, vision, and processes of the department and PPS.
- Provides expert epidemiological input into establishing internal standards, processes and policies for the use of observational/epidemiological data and the conduct of observational studies.
- Provides expert level consultation on epidemiological issues to a variety of stakeholders across Abbvie.
- Identifies data sources and relevant to safety science in consideration of their scientific value, financial impact,
- Designs and implements pharmacoepidemiology studies and is responsible for interpretation of study results.
- Critically reviews relevant publications, manuscripts, draft protocols as needed.
- Provides input on patient registry design and interpretation of data.
- Interacts with other functional groups that are responsible for safety evaluations to produce a quality analysis and documentation for regulatory or scientific purposes.
- Maintains current knowledge of epidemiologic methods, data resources as well as their applications in benefit-risk evaluation, and current health authority initiatives and regulations impacting the function of safety science.
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.