Health care is changing, and it's our goal to create a new model to answer America's health care challenges today and in the future. Our passionate and talented teams will be the change on the health care landscape in our communities - big and small. If taking access and delivery from complex to easy, from costly to affordable and from unpredictable to reliable sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you.
Join our team and be part of changing how healthcare is delivered within our communities! This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced and innovative healthcare leader with a proven track record of making a difference in healthcare to operationally oversee more than 30 practice locations across the East Valley. Bring your passion for making a difference, as well as leading operations, business planning and desire to improve the patient experience through our Primary Care Service Line .
Primary Care is often the gateway to health care within a system and this role will provide the opportunity to have a broad impact on how we deliver primary care with in the community. This role will partner with medical and administrative senior executives within the medical group and across the health system to make healthcare easier, so that life can be better. Experience true collaboration amongst service line partners and high visibility with senior executives.
Exempt role with hours Monday- Friday
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has leadership and administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaborates within an integrated healthcare system. Internal customers include regional leadership, physicians, practice management, and staff. External customers include patients and regulatory bodies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees day-to-day activities of a number of facilities within a designated geographic area to ensure a high level of productivity and the efficient use of resources. Monitors overall practice performance. Develops and implements productivity action plans to meet productivity benchmarks for assigned facilities. Identify opportunities to enhance operations & patient experience. Focus is on standardization of workflow, both front office and back office clinical support. Foster a service excellence culture. Maintain positive relations with physicians. Resolves patient concerns not remedied at the on-site leadership level.
2. Develops and implements a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice, facility, and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
3. Conducts special managerial projects assigned by their respective Service-line leader to expand or enhance services. Facilitate the opening and closing of new programs/clinics. Prepares reports, recommendations & presentations to Regional & Senior Leadership
4. Provides operational leadership, direction and support to their assigned practice managers. Provides on-going oversight to ensure adherence to care delivery standards. Assist with removing barriers and acts as a liaison to central functions. Assist Practice Managers in addressing staff compensation/HR concerns. Provide on-going, meaningful communication with practice managers and staff so they are recognized and well informed.
5. Facilitates the assimilation of newly hired practice managers into the group practice setting and works closely with the affiliating group's physician and administrative leadership. Drives and implements initiatives focused on physician engagement and retention.
6. Works with Service-line leaders and associated practice managers to develop annual operating and capital budgets for their assigned facilities. Ensures adherence to established annual budgets.
7. Participates in the development of a marketing plan in conjunction with regional leadership team.
8. This position has leadership & administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaborates within an integrated healthcare system. Internal customers include regional leadership, physicians, practice management, and staff. External customers include patients and regulatory bodies.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/ or healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or health services administration.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of medical practice and clinic management, clinic operational structures and systems, and policies, procedures, and processes as normally demonstrated through a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in managing a health care facility Leadership experience should include management of staff, budgets and multiple clinic functions. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills.
Master's degree preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred. Medical Group & Ambulatory Care Leadership experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.