Accreditation and Performance Improvement Registered Nurse
Location: Sebring, Florida
Internal Number: 22015931
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Team Based Nursing Model
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule:Full Time Salaried Position
Location: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and galleries
Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating and fishing
Beautiful agriculture and farmland
Sebring is known for motorsports and home to the famous Sebring International Raceway
Nature and hiking trails
The role you’ll contribute:
The Accreditation/ Performance Improvement Specialist serves as a member of the Quality Department. This position leads regulatory survey readiness program planning for AdventHealth Lake Placid, Sebring, and AdventHealth Wauchula. This position coordinates survey activities, i.e. The Joint Commission (TJC), Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), and CMS Validation Surveys. This position is also responsible for managing selected Performance Improvement Initiatives within the facility. This individual proceeds on their own initiative in compliance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Quality Department leadership.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Attends and provides support for multiple hospital committees, such as UR/Performance Improvement/Patient Safety, Glycemic Management, Water Management, Environment of Care, Emergency Management, etc
· Performs chart abstractions, audits, and documentation reviews to identify compliance with regulatory bodies
· Provides direction to department and facility leadership in planning of a systematic, organization- wide approach to continuous regulatory readiness
· Coordinates and plans educational materials/ presentations for committee member and other reports/presentations
· Participates in on-site surveys, including coordination of agendas, coordination of scribes, communication with surveyors and on-site staff, and communication of preliminary findings
· Conducts Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) as indicated/ required by regulatory entities and in accordance with the Patient Safety Plan
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Associates Degree in Nursing or healthcare-related field.
Minimum 3 years as acute care nurse
Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice in the State of Florida required.
CPHQ or other Healthcare Quality or Safety-related certification preferred
Bachelor's or master’s degree preferred.
Minimum 1-year experience with teaching and/or leading evidence-based project preferred.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.