Full Time Clinical Research Coordinator Opportunity–Poughkeepsie, NY
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Type: Full Time
Hospital, Public and Private
2 openings available.
Internal Number: 27039
Nuvance Health has multiple exciting opportunity for an experienced clinical research coordinators working in Poughkeepsie, New York.
The Clinical Research Coordinators collaborates with departmental leadership and research staff in the coordination of all aspects of clinical research studies. Responsibilities include; patient screening and recruitment, coordination of care of the research patient, protocol implementation, data collection and query resolution, and submission to the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Coordinates studies in varied therapeutic areas including but not limited to Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Dermatology and Rheumatology. Functions independently in a clinical research setting and responsible for the complete coordination of assigned clinical research protocols from national research agencies and pharmaceutical corporations.
This position follows a Monday-Friday office schedule of 8:30am-5:00pm. We offer a highly competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, generous paid time off, and matching 401K.
1. Screens patients for study participation e.g. reviews medical record, collaborates with medical & research staff, etc. and procures informed consent.
2. Maintains accurate and thorough documentation on all source documents and case report forms (CRFs) for each study patient. Resolves all patient queries.
3. Maintains communication with investigators/researchers, patients, internal and external collaborators (e.g. consulting physicians), sponsors, federal regulatory agencies, and other involved parties as required.
4. Participates in investigator, coordinator, or study initiation meetings accordingly. Coordinates and participates in monitoring visits/audits with regulatory agencies or sponsors.
5. Maintains current regulatory (GCP, HSR) and study specific required trainings.
6. Prepares and submits all study protocols, consent forms, and other required documents to the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
7. Educates hospital staff about protocols through in-services, written materials and one-on-one interaction, for each study and each patient, and for general marketing.
8. Demonstrates flexibility in daily routine and effectively accommodates for the needs of the job (e.g. early or late patient enrollment).
9. Performs procedures including EKG, Phlebotomy, blood and body fluid sampling, packing and shipment of human samples, body measurements and examinations within scope of practice and training, consistent with clinic and study specific policies/procedures and scope of care under the guidance of the supervisor.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
11. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Values.
12. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
13. Performs other duties as required.
About Nuvance Health:
Nuvance Health serves 1.5 million residents across New York and Connecticut and includes more than 2,600 aligned physicians, 12,000 employees, seven hospitals (Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Northern Dutchess Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, Sharon Hospital, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center), a large network of primary care and specialty practices, and multiple affiliated organizations.
We are a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Education and Experience Requirements: • Bachelor Degree OR • Allied Health Professional Degree AND three years job-related experience. • Minimum 1-year clinical experience in medical field. • PREFER: Clinical Research experience
Whether you are beginning your career or are a seasoned professional, we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities for those who share our values and strive to succeed. We push past the status quo for our patients and community. Join us!