Salary or Pay Range: $3,394.64 - $6,383.14 Biweekly
THIS IS A CAREER POSITION located in Richmond, CA The position reports to the Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) within the Department of Public Health Sciences. The core activities of the COEH are to educate future leaders in occupational and environmental health, develop new knowledge, and bring the resources of the University of California to people affected by health hazards in their workplaces or communities.
Under the supervision of UC Davis and the general direction of the Center for Health Care Quality, the position responsibilities include performing as a liaison and consultant on infection prevention in Northern California to support statewide geographic coverage. In conjunction with role as liaison and consultant, the incumbent will travel to facilities to assist with the use of Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) data management.
• Valid CA driver’s license and licensed, insured vehicle.
• Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or health/science field or equivalent experience preferred
• Several year’s professional experience as a hospital infection preventionist, healthcare epidemiologist, or healthcare quality direction preferred but not required
• Thorough knowledge of the clinical and operational issues in infection control, including policies, regulatory requirements, surveillance and investigation methodologies, data collection, epidemiology, microbiology, patient care, and related nursing issues.
• Thorough knowledge of data management, analysis, research, reporting, and documentation methods used in infection control, with the ability to contribute to studies, investigations, reports, presentations, and the development of new infection control protocols and policies.
• In depth knowledge of HAI prevention practices, and hospital based HAI surveillance, using National Healthcare Safety Network protocols and analysis preferred
• Demonstrated ability to implement and use infection prevention measures in clinical settings
• Ability to evaluate infection control measures in clinical settings, identify areas that need improvement, and help facilities revise practices
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team comprised of individuals across different agencies, disciplines, and locations
• Ability to work with diverse professionals and to train and educate healthcare providers
• Ability to document/track results of site visits extensive information, document the details, provide written accounts and summaries of site visits
• Ability to review the submission of infection data by hospitals, review hospital site information, and validate submitted data
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and abilities
• Competence with computer and application skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Certification in infection control and epidemiology preferred, or ability to receive certification in these areas within 3 months of hire
• RN License/Clinical Experience preferred
• Five year’s professional experience as a hospital infection preventionist, healthcare epidemiologist, or healthcare quality direction preferred but not required
• This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks and drug screen.
• As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at: