Location: Wyoming, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019960
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking a Medical Physicist to join the Radiation Therapy Center in Wyoming, Minnesota. Located just outside the Twin Cities, Wyoming is located 30 miles north of both Minneapolis and St. Paul and has a population of 8,000. The practice is adjacent to M Health Fairview Lakes Medical Center.
- The Wyoming Radiation Oncology Clinic has a Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator in addition to Siemens CT simulator, Mosaiq record and verify system, and Pinnacle treatment planning system. A wide array of QA equipment is also available.
- Provide back-up physics coverage at our Maple Grove, Minnesota clinic, as needed. This clinic has a TrueBeam linear accelerator, a Philips CT simulator, Mosaiq record and verify system, and Pinnacle treatment planning system.
- These two clinics work as a cohesive team and consist of three radiation oncologists, two physicists, and three dosimetrists. Treatments in both clinics are limited to external beam deliveries (3DCRT, IMRT/VMAT, and lung SBRT).
- Support is provided by the University of Minnesota Department of Radiation Oncology's physics/dosimetry group which includes 9 physicists, 2 physics residents, and 7 dosimetrists.
- Physicists are responsible for proper operation of equipment, participating in treatment planning, and working with other members of the care team.
- This is an on-site position.
- MS or PhD in Medical Physics
- ABR board certified (or equivalent) in Therapeutic Medical Physics
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. #academic
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.